Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role is responsible for processing all Operational input processes and procedures for Import & Export Cargo, including liaising with Air Canada Cargo Customer Service Unit, Headquarter Departments, Warehouse personnel and external third parties. The role is additionally responsible for ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements for Air Canada Customers, both on Inbound and Outbound Cargo.
- Overseeing our Ground Handling Agent’s entries in Smartload (Air Canada Weight & Balance System) for all flights operating in Australia.
- Creating House Air Waybills and associating them with the Master Air Waybill
- Verifying rates on Air Waybills and completing Spot Rate Agreement.
- Entering cargo dimensions and confirming they are correct on the Air Waybill with the Ground Handler.
- Notifying agent of dimension differences & following up.
- Filing of Air Waybills
- Checking dangerous goods shipments and ensure that the paper work is correct and loading is done correctly.
- Overseeing loading of our units
- Checking airside that all pallets are presented to the ramp with correct profiles.
- Going out to the aircraft with special handling shipments, Dangerous Goods, Valuable shipment, etc.
- Liaising with Load Control Office(s) in regards to loading of flight each day.
- Checking the health of Live Animals for outbound shipments as per requests from our customers
- Oversee the flight to ensure that everything runs smoothly and no delays are caused by cargo.
- Answering phone calls relating to obtaining status updates for inbound and outbound shipments, taking bookings and advising flight details, tracking lost shipments and general customer service.
- Updating all inbound Air Waybills.
- Checking for found or missing cargo in Australia and updating in WebLynx.
- Perform goods delivered transaction in WebLynx for all inbound shipments.
- Advising the Ground Handling Agent of collect shipments and advising the amount of funds to be collected.
- Documenting all collect shipments and ensuring that Air Canada funds are deposited monthly into Air Canada’s account by the Ground Handling Agent, and advising Finance of the amount and breakdown.
- Approval/rejection of credit requests Australia-wide from agents and passing on to Finance for processing.
- Uncleared Air Waybills report processed daily.
- Queues processing daily.
- Checking in daily trucks for BNE/SYD/MEL and updating Air Waybills.
- Contacting the Ground Handler in BNE/SYD/MEL to obtain delivery details and shipment delivery status.
- Creating a Load Plan each day for the next day’s flight. Ensuring that max capacity is used. Supervising flight space between MEL/SYD/AKL/CHC in regards to allocations and releasing to each other.
- Booking all shipments in WebLynx and updating bookings on departure.
- Unit Load Device control, ensuring that we have sufficient units for our passenger each day, transferring OAL units back and entering in WebLynx.
- Liaising with IATA Australia, Australian Quarantine and Australian Customs with any problems or question that they have in regards to Air Canada and ensuring that all information is passed on to Head office and new procedures are adhered to.
- Receiving and collating information in regards to claims and sending to Head office.
- Accounts payable- checking that all invoices are correct and prepared for payment.
- Ensuring that all Air Canada procedures are adhered to here in Australia and supporting our sales team in Australia and New Zealand.
- Addressing all complaints from customers here in Australia.
- Answering emails.
- Monitoring Air Canada company stores for cargo and passenger departments in Australia, ensuring that they are customs cleared (air freight or sea freight) and are delivered correctly, then distributing the invoice to the correct department.
- High School diploma required – College degree is an asset
- Previous Cargo experience an asset
- Good computer skills with a high level of accuracy
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Be available for irregular work hours – early mornings, evenings, weekends, and public holiday in order to fit operational requirements
- Available for overseas travel for training if required
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.