Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Accountable for the overall design, implementation and management of Air Canada’s Airports Customer Product Specifications; Product lead for Air Canada’s Joint Venture customer experience strategy, as well as ensuring compliance with the approved product specifications across the different operational and customer service groups (Airports, Concierges, Cabin Grooming, International); Providing direction for the implementation of product specifications at Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express.
- Direct report to Director, Product Design – Airports & IFS
- Development and management of the end-to-end Air Canada Airports product/service strategy (including check-in services, self-service products, premium products, security, boarding experience, gating plan strategies, connections, baggage services, service recovery and cabin grooming).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the global airports premium product strategy (excluding lounges), working closely with the Concierge and Premium Services teams.
- Responsible for maintenance and continuous rollout of the Airports product playbook which serves as a key tool for the Commercial & Operations teams to deliver the product on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for on-going competitive and industry trend benchmarking (including product testing, data reporting and distribution, product opportunity recommendations) for the entire airports product portfolio.
- Project management from business case development to implementation and compliance monitoring for all airport product initiatives and enhancing the customer experience continuously
- Support Airport product and signage/branding compliance across the Air Canada network.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key customer facing airport facilities development/enhancement projects in collaboration with Corporate Real Estate for all new station startups, terminal developments, relocations and existing operations.
- Set and lead the product and customer experience strategy in support of ACTransit, supporting the corporate goal of growing connecting traffic via the airport hubs.
- Develop and implement standards and report mechanisms for designated products and services from a quality assurance perspective.
- Act as key Product Design, Airports representative with the audit team with the primary goal to ensure compliance and support of products and services.
- Responsible for managing content information in all relevant external information and promotional vehicles.
- Lead the product and customer experience discussions within the framework of existing joint ventures (A++ 2.0 & Air China), championing a harmonized and seamless customer journey; provide recommendations and implement product and policy changes as required.
- Support the Star Alliance Customer Experience strategy, products and initiatives as required.
- Lead the airport product and services strategy for all airports served by Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express.
- Manage additional internal, vendor and supplier relationships as required.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for product improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Support other Product Design projects as assigned.
This job position requires a high degree of knowledge about Air Canada’s products and services, industry trends, people skills, and working collaboratively with many stakeholders and positive project leadership.
- Solid commercial and airline industry experience as well as a deep understanding of airport service delivery processes and environments
- Minimum five years of experience in a leadership role within airline airports or commercial branches
- Good understanding of airline competitive environment, industry trends and best demonstrated practices
- Creative thinking and solution driven
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster cooperation
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations and resolve constructively
- Capacity to manage multiple work demands with tight deadlines
- Self-starter and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional project teams. Project Management experience an asset.
- Must be available for frequent travel, including international as required.
- University degree in related field
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.