Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Maintenance Operations – Technical Support Team is looking for a team oriented individual to monitor/investigate recurring defects, provide technical support either remotely or on-site to AOG aircraft, recommend solutions to technical issues and perform other duties as assigned, primarily for the B777 & 787 fleet
- Conduct technical investigations of recurring chronic defects including obscure problems and rogue aircraft/systems and components.
- Initiate Fleet Management Requests (FMRS) as required to address recurring defects.
- Provide technical support/advice to Maintenance Operations Control, Line Maintenance and other departments on a daily basis, including “off-duty” hours when required.
- Monitor “AOG” and “Out of Service” aircraft daily and assist as required.
- Review operational delays proactively to preclude further disruptions.
- Initiate Maintenance Alerts as required.
- Respond to investigation requests in support of our SMS.
- Attend the Maintenance Review Board Meeting and actively participate.
- Liaise with OEM representatives as required for support.
- Review engine performance via Engine Trend Monitoring.
- A valid AME ‘M’ license is essential.
- GENX, & GE90 experience is essential.
- B777, B787, & or B767 family endorsement is considered an asset.
- An avionics background is considered an asset.
- Ability to develop/write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, work programs, reports and correspondence including updating technical data systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate action and sound judgment.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, self-starter and works well without direct supervision.
- Technical post-secondary education and / or external / internal management development, an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.