Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the General Manager, Cargo Services USA, the Manager, Cargo Services Midwest USA, is responsible to support the Midwest cargo operation. The incumbent will provide leadership and guidance, set clear expectations to all Cargo employees on the performance of duties and operations. Develop strategies, plans and processes to support business unit financial, service and safety goals. Facilitate, interact with internal and external customers pertaining to Cargo requirements or issues. Understand commercial objectives and work collaboratively with Sales to achieve these objectives. Support General Manager, Cargo Services in achieving business unit objectives.
- Ensure Safety / Security standards are applied without compromise, develop relationships with local regulatory bodies TSA, USCBP, USDA etc etc
- Support operational service standards on our flights and road feeder service
- Monitor and communicate daily operational requirements and changes. Communicate with staff on a regular basis to keep them up-to-date and knowledgeable of new products, performance (service and operational) issues and branch objectives
- Monitor productivity and quality of service
- Identify and resolve operational and quality problems
- Consistently deliver superior service to internal and external customer’s service. Anticipate, identify and resolve service and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to performance
- Coach, Counsel and Communicate with employee group, airport operations and management team to maintain cooperative labour relationships
- Plan, organize, manage and enhance cargo customer service function. Responsible for the effective and timely management and deployment of staff in support of customer
- Strong interface with ground handler, flight operations and airport customer service
- Communicate policies, procedures and changes to providers of contracted services
- Assist Manager dealing with agent’s complaint and addressing all issues work related and union related.
- Organizing work schedule / flow.
- Managing attendance issues.
- Managing Midwest Expense Budget
- 2 visits annually to all Midwest USA Ground Handlers and Truckers
- Frequent Meetings and Training Courses in Canada
- Will attend Customer Visits and Functions
- Assisting handling customer’s complaints and performance issues.
- Covering other U.S. Cargo Managers while on vacation or duty travel.
- Managing HR procedures/payroll/administration
- Tuesday-Saturday Mid-Day Work Schedule (may include Holidays)
- Perform other relates duties as required
- Geographic Territory: ORD/IL, DTW/MI, MO, KS, IA, NE, OH, IN, WI, MN, KY, TN, SD, ND
- University or college degree with 3 or more years of relevant work experience or combination of equivalent combination of education/work experience
- Sound judgment, maturity and great initiative
- Organized, disciplined and motivated
- Proactive approach to business and highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to teamwork, good leadership and experience managing employees
- Knowledge of cargo processing and operational procedures
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work well under pressure, sense of initiative and self-discipline.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.