Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the OH, MI, IN, KY assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling Air Canada Cargo products & services through consultative and solutions based sales approach. The individual will undertake the challenging opportunity to increase Air Canada’s market share and revenue within their assigned territory and customer base.
- Promotes/sells/secures business from existing and prospective customers through consultative and solutions relationship-based approach.
- Travels weekly for face to face customer visits throughout assigned territory.
- Responsible to qualify prospects, current customer opportunities, understand customer concerns, and manage the sales process.
- Use the CRM system on a daily basis to capture and record customer information and sales activity data and to report pipeline and prospecting activities.
- Identifies opportunities by researching industry, customer, publications and tracking individual contributors.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers.
- Creates and manages customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Identify revenue opportunities with your clients and jointly develop a strategy plan to mutually increase profitability
- Coordinates sales efforts with marketing, sales management, call center, capacity, accounting and operation teams.
- Obtains competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Exception Contract, Spot Rate, Local Pricing, RFQ and Allocation Management
- Action accounting discrepancies
- Manage RFS, ensuring there are no light or empty trucks
- Provide strategic product support to Manager
- Act as primary interface between Air Canada and forwarders
- Conduct regular account performance reviews
- Achieve or exceed cargo revenue and market share improvement targets
- Represent and promote Air Canada within cargo industry community
- Ability to travel 50%.
- May be based in ORD, DTW or CMH
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Very analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations.
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word ,Excel and Power Point.
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.