Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain strong business relationships with a portfolio of freight forwarders and maintain and grow day-to-day sales with these forwarders. The position will report to the Senior Strategic Account Manager, provide commercial support to the Strategic Account Managers, while undertaking the challenging opportunity to increase Air Canada’s market share and revenue within a specific portfolio of customers. Furthermore, this position will also provide support to the General Sales Manager, Canada.
- Act as primary interface between Air Canada and Air Canada customer base.
- Assume ownership for developing a business relationship between Air Canada and Air Canada customer base.
- Actively pursue and achieve revenue and market share improvement targets.
- Maintain regular daily contact with Air Canada customer base.
- Be available to go on sales calls when appropriate.
- Manage inbound ad-hoc quote requests and liaise with Customer Service team to facilitate bookings
- Effectively develop and manage your sales plan by setting daily/weekly/monthly goals and objectives, prioritizing tasks, utilizing your time effectively and efficiently, and taking full advantage of available resources
- Research and build existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling in order to achieve monthly targets) Work with Sales Development & Capacity Mgmt team to identify revenue opportunities with accounts and jointly develop a strategy plan to mutually increase profitability.
- Implement regional and local strategies to customers and support the Strategic Account Managers to achieve cargo sales targets.
- Provide commercial support, analytical support & knowledge of the customer base to the Strategic Account Managers, Senior Strategic Account Managers and General Sales Manager.
- Support the Strategic Account Managers, Senior Strategic Account Managers and General Sales Manager in the day to day management of tactical questions relating to pricing and capacity.
- Participate in the ongoing development of a strong and highly focused sales team.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure alignment of department, division and corporate objectives
- Assist with all sales and marketing plans relating to regional development
- Manage all customer commercial queries
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Inside sales experience with proven success in meeting/exceeding measurable sales targets/quotas
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Very analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations
- Proficiency with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and CRM tools.
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.