Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible to the Senior Cargo IS Manager for the implementation and performance of key Cargo Operations warehouse systems and tools. This will require a strong partnership between vendors, AC Cargo, Corporate IT, and other AC branches to ensure all applicable standards and corporate policies/direction are being applied.
- Provide guidance, direction and recommendations related to proposed warehouse management systems
- Lead the technical review and selection of new applications and manage the project implementation support.
- Establishment of software configuration and trouble shooting, including the modification of workflows, forms and the application of standard protocols;
- Manage a team of 4-6 people
- Manage and control the budget
- Build solid partnerships and lead coordination between Cargo, vendors, and AC departments including IT, Strategic Procurement, and others across the organization.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies that may be advantageous to Air Canada.
- Ongoing development of new projects related Cargo HUB Operations as well as to other mainline Ground and Flight Operations initiatives.
- Leadership of projects and initiatives related to allocated portfolios.
- Communication and coordination of the requirements and integration points related to initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions through new technology and/or the leveraging technology across the organization.
- Manage strategic, tactical, and technical relationships with key suppliers/vendors.
- Providing support for a multitude of Operational Systems, with respect to all aspects related to the ground systems required for ground to air communications;
- Support other IT systems, functions or initiatives as appropriate within the greater Cargo IS portfolio in order to optimize and integrate the technology plans across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop vision and implementation plans that achieve objectives
- Proven ability to develop business cases
- Recognized leader
- Financial acumen
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and cases to Senior Management
- Air Cargo and or Logistics knowledge would prove beneficial
- Knowledge of standard communications protocols and standards; FTP, API, XML, SQL, MQ/MATIP, Type B messaging
- Position requires broad range of IT, interpersonal and quality professional skills.
- Some travel will be required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.