Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the General Manager, Cabin Standards & Services, this position is responsible for a variety of critical functions in support of the Cabin in general including the responsibility of maintaining the cabin standard (pub 243 & 342) through a variable Cabin Maintenance program (pub 343), managing the cabin specialist team which are supporting the cabin daily operation, managing the Cabin Maintenance development Specialist (cabin CTP project), responsible for administration of several Cabin Contracts(VOI, LHR, Expendable recovery), managing the expendable recovery program and management of the Airbase relationship.
This position is also responsible to review current management & processes related to soft material, lower cost options and perform analysis including cost evaluation. Propose new procedures for the benefit of ACM.
- Responsible to maintain cabin condition standards and functionality through the variable Cabin Maintenance Program on the Air Canada fleet.
- Responsible of maintaining the cabin standard publication 243 and 342 up to date.
- Responsible for the recovery program of warrantable and repairable parts.
- Manage Airbase relationship including but not limited to VOI, Dry Cleaning & warranty program.
- Design, build, and manage the Cabin Maintenance Program to address condition and functionality that stands alone from 864 manual tasks. Currently in the 343 manual.
- Evaluate and initiate adjustments to the Cabin Maintenance program as required.
- Create and maintain the Cabin Maintenance Program for new fleet introductions and aircraft modifications.
- Analyse Airports Quality Assurance scorecard results and adjusts the Cabin Maintenance program based on this analysis to ensure the corporate Cabin Standard is met.
- Coordinates the communication of Cabin Maintenance program changes with Line Maintenance and Airframe Management.
- Establishes Cabin Maintenance modification priorities with Central Planning.
- Actively participates at the Cabin Engineering MRB and RSI meetings and recommends OEM service bulletins or in-house Engineering changes to improve cabin condition.
- Lead projects and monitor timelines and costs to ensure adherence with approved project plans.
- Reviews off base Cabin Maintenance work centre reports to ensure the resulting product is cost effective and efficient. Example: LHR, Newark-Timco, Halifax, Sao Paulo Cabin technicians etc.
- Supports outsourced contracts through the regional Line Maintenance Managers, Vendor Management and Strategic Purchasing. Example: GRU, London.
- Provide status of Cabin condition and functionality issues to the Executive.
- Consistently reviews the Cabin Maintenance program and introduce innovations to minimize time, labour, materials and parts cost through new innovations.
- Host a Cabin Steering committee Monthly meeting between ACM organization directors.
- Manage the cabin maintenance program manager and overview the ongoing project.
- Be knowledgeable and remain current with ongoing Cabin industry product & best practices.
- Analyse and review MRO cabin cost. Work closely with the Airframe group and adjust the program in matter to maintain the standard without exceeding the expected cost.
- Support new aircraft introduction including cabin layout change on existing aircraft. Provide guidance on cabin product decision.
- Financial budgeting and control of the Cabin Maintenance condition budget. Including Preparation of funding requests (AFC) and proper business justifications in regards of timeline, scope of work, equipment, material procurement and maintenance contracts.
- Administration of Cabin Maintenance vendors and contracts for worldwide Cabin condition support. Manage cabin standards contract & program including seats covers VOI, curtains and carpets. Review the program on an operation and financial perspective and provide guidance. Propose option for item that is not currently supported under a VOI contract like carpets, curtains and implement change.
- Responsible for the soft materials cleaning program and costs for the cabin soft material worldwide.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in Line or Airframe Maintenance with knowledge of the Cabin Standards is essential.
- Minimum 5 years relative experience as a manager and/or as an engineer in an Airline technical environment
- Strong communicators with the demonstrated ability to lead motivate and develop personnel to achieve operational objectives within a multi disciplinary organization.
- Familiar with Transport Canada Aviation regulations and norms.
- Demonstrated capability to carryout independently technical projects or developments of high complexity to their successful completion within the budgeted time and cost, with supervision and guidance as to the objectives only.
- Equivalent combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform the functions described above.
- Ability to engage, motivates, and facilitates a cross-functional work team to achieve objectives.
- Must possess excellent and demonstrable project management skills and experience in delivering large projects
- Demonstrated experience in cost & benefit tracking, and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Purchasing Management Accreditation, or,
- Program/Project Management Accreditation, or
- Certification from an accredited college or University in Aircraft / Business / Administration, or
- University degree in a related field is preferable
- Possess an understanding of the Aircraft Maintenance environment and a reasonable knowledge of Maintenance Related services.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis and flexibility with working hours.
- Experience in financial analysis and evaluation, and business case development is an asset.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and use of the internet.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.