Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Plan, organize, manage and enhance Airport Customer Service functions for Cabin Environment Quality (cabin grooming).
- Effectively plan and delegate daily work assignments for the airports ground handling staff using airport automation tools.
- Work within a team to deploy unionized staff in a fast paced and dynamic airport environment. Effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve an excellence in customer service.
- Contribute to operational safety, a satisfying work environment, improved quality of service, and positive financial results for the station and the Corporation.
- Co-ordinate operational activities with Leads.
- Monitor deployment of staff in co-ordination with Resource Manager and Lead as well as responsibility for the effective management & deployment of facility and equipment resources.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve service and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to performance.
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives for process & performance improvement.
- Report on audit performance (e.g. Investigate QA audit failures, initiate corrective action).
- Keep staff informed daily of operational requirements and changes.
- Understand, interpret and communicate Key performance Indicators and associated station results, pertaining to operations, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for individual Performance Management, identification of developmental needs and management of under-performance by coaching, counselling and disciplining.
- Communicate policies, procedures and changes to staff.
- Ensure Service Standards are practised consistently.
- Foster and maintain optimal Union relations and recognize the Union’s leadership.
- Participate in Management team decision making pertaining to station matters (e.g.: operations, labour relations, safety).
- Record information to measure the operational performance, including service and safety.
- Conduct various performance audits (e.g. QA pre-audits, security search audits).
- Responsible to co-ordinate with fellow CSM’s and Resource Managers at shift cross-over.
- Identify, recommend and initiate enhancements and changes to processes and procedures to better support operational and service standards.
- Understand and communicate to staff information coming from various sources, such as Corporate, In-Flight Service, Marketing, Sales, to ensure potential impact to the operation is identified and acted upon.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work day, evening, nights and weekend shifts.
- Personal Computer skills a definite asset.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or academic equivalent is an asset.
- Ability to obtain security clearance in order to receive the Transport Canada Airport pass that will be required.
- Knowledge of airport processing and operations procedures an asset.
- Knowledge of Cabin Environment Quality standards and processes an asset.
- Traveling may be required at times.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.