Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To manage the monthly production of IFS pairings (both Mainline and Rouge) across all six bases, in accordance with the Air Canada / CUPE collective agreement. The position will be responsible for the planning and evaluation of pairings, utilization and integration of optimization techniques to achieve desired levels of productivity and reporting on and measuring efficiency and cost saving benefits.
- Develop, analyze and distribute flight attendant monthly planned pairings utilizing optimization systems and corporate planning schedules in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement and branch objectives.
- Responsible for strategic planning relative to pairing construction and to manage and improve productivity, efficiency and operational integrity.
- Analyze block award efficiencies and confer with counterparts at Crew Planning to bring any modifications as required.
- Evaluate and analyze short and long term schedules.
- Prepare, document and communicate productivity and efficiency recommendations and summaries based on
- analysis with various branches and departments.
- Generate and produce monthly and annual reports related to values, operational management, avg. block times,
- trip distribution, and station / base utilization reports.
- Achieve optimal percentage guarantee costs, by base while managing crew distribution allocations.
- Manage costs reductions and tracking relative to crew cycle expenses – trip guarantees, deadheading,
- hotels/transportation, meals and per diems.
- Execute monthly revisions to establish planned meal allowances and onboard meal requirements in accordance
- with the Collective Agreement.
- Report on route and manpower distribution evaluations for short and long term planning and cost/ benefit analysis.
- Responsible for parameter, data and system tool management.
- Communicate /coordinate with vendors, internal and external departments (ACV, API, Crew Scheduling, Crew
- Planning, Corporate Scheduling, Marketing, Product Design and SOC) on related business initiatives.
- Manage utilization of Flight Attendant Deadhead travel and seat requirements, support retention of available seat inventory for passenger sales marketing.
- Interface and coordinate with Corporate Scheduling to remain current with schedule activity and commercial and
- operational requirements.
- Evaluate and optimize changes to schedule, implement revisions, minimize impact/cost to pairings, communicate
- revisions/changes to IFS, CUPE and Crew Scheduling.
- Confer with counterparts in Flight Ops relative to pairing structure and operational efficiencies.
- Liaise with CUPE monthly to keep them abreast up upcoming changes to pairing patterns.
- Additional supplemental duties and special projects as assigned.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent industry experience required.
- Proven analytical, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and other PC applications.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritize heavy workloads and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of the airline operational environment and Air Canada systems and processes.
- Experience with optimization systems an asset.
- Experience with flight crew scheduling or planning, an asset.
- Familiarity with the Air Canada/CUPE Collective Agreement, an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.