Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada is seeking a Manager, Strategic Procurement – Centre of Excellence who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
The Strategic Procurement (SP) organization is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Centre of Excellence (COE) team. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Strategic
Procurement – Centre of Excellence. The SP COE’s responsibility is to advise, inform and empower Category Management teams to optimize processes, identify new opportunities and promote end-to-end
Procurement leading practices. It is a centre of competency focused on Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Market Intelligence, Analytics, Governance, Reporting, Continuous Improvements, Tools and eSourcing technology.
The successful candidate will lead a team in charge of Strategic Sourcing, Knowledge Management (KM), Reporting and Insights Management. The Manager, Strategic Procurement – Centre of Excellence and his/her team will be responsible for providing Research, Analytics eSourcing support and training to Category Management teams. Additionally, he/she will act as one of the key ambassadors of, and change agents for, Strategic Procurement by effectively communicating its vision, strategy and goals.
In greater detail, key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Lead team members responsible for supporting sourcing events, developing category profiles, generating supplier portfolios, performing supply market research, developing RFx and evaluating supplier proposals
- Manage performance of team members
- Provide coaching and mentoring
- Lead the professional development by facilitating access to information, availability of tools and systems, and providing technical/non-technical training
- Monitor workload and dispatch queries based on bandwidth and industry knowledge
- Put in place quality controls to ensure team members produce consistent, high quality and in-depth deliverables such as RFx documents, presentations, quantitative and qualitative analysis on spend and supply market, market research, reports and scorecards
- Define and deploy financial performance management and strategic costing methodologies
- Define and deploy advanced reporting across stakeholder groups
- Define and deploy key performance metrics (KPI) aligned with best-in-class Procurement organizations
- Establish savings recognition methodology and management process with Finance
- Be responsible for process, tools, technology and knowledge management
- Become and remain immersed in procurement leading practices across industry and sectors. Recommend and implement process, tools and technology enhancements
- Identifies opportunities to drive process automation. Develop and deploy a Procurement Digitalization Roadmap to increase internal efficiency
- Work with the COE Governance Manager to promote the adoption of best-in-class practices, to ensure consistency in the execution of procurement activities throughout the corporation and to track non-compliance
- Evolve and maintain a common repository for all sourcing and contract information that the SP organization uses
- Oversee supplier registration activities
- Oversee eSourcing help desk support
- Develop and manage a training program that will support talent development within SP
- Elaborate a SP on-boarding training program and lead its delivery
- Identify current organizational skill gaps in SP, create and deliver continuous learning and skill development programs
- Partake in the succession planning of the SP organization by coaching and mentoring team members to become future Category or Sourcing Managers.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with Category Managers, Strategic Procurement Directors, Governance and Supplier Risk Manager and Other internal Stakeholders
- Perform any other Procurement related duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively lead teams in a result drive environment, work effectively in a matrix organizational setting and manage change within organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have strong prioritization and resource management skills
- Strong self-confidence with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn
- Must be adept at encouraging innovative ideas and build consensus
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational/project management skills
- Advanced computer literacy required in MS Office
- Experience with Source-to-Pay software solutions is an asset (SAP Ariba, Zycus, BravoSolutions, Coupa, Smart GEP…)
- Demonstrated superior abilities at performing quantitative and qualitative analyses and presenting results in a highly professional and synthesized manner
A University degree in a relevant field of study (business, math, engineering, supply chain)
Advanced degrees (Masters, MBA) preferred
Minimum 5 years Procurement experience at middle management level with demonstrated track record in the areas of strategic sourcing, category management, project management and continuous improvement
Due to the confidential nature of our work, a high degree of professionalism and discretion is required
Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may also be necessary.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.