Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Facility Projects and Property Management, the position is responsible for the budgetary requirements, (revenues/costs), and overall management of Corporate Printing, Air Canada branded Forms/Documents, MFD/Printer Fleet, Distribution/ Fulfillment Services, Postal and Company Mail Services, (YUL, YYZ & YVR facilities and global system operations), Stationery/Sundries, Commercial Courier, Document Retention and Employee Food Services (Cafeterias). It also includes Vendor management responsibilities/activities/ oversight, managing customer service to the various internal/external user groups, suppliers, Government Agencies, as well as, provision of functional direction/guidance.
- Perform Vendor Management and oversight of activities related to the various outsourced AC support service Agreements
- Identify new technologies and process/service enhancement opportunities for each functional group to support all branches and corporate initiatives.
- Define scope, develop strategy and implement proactive solutions to meet Corporate objectives.
- Develop and implement team negotiation strategies in conjunction with Strategic Purchasing for various service providers.
- Keep abreast of the market, through strategic business relationships, business or political trends that could positively or adversely impact current, as well as, future contracts or relationships, including impact on Corporate operational, financial and safety objectives.
- Develop and monitor the Corporate Services departments annual operating budget.
- Implement cost reduction or avoidance processes and revenue enhancements.
- Identify synergies between internal customers and Service Providers to maximize contractual benefits and build/support of the partnerships.
- Encourage, build and strengthen with key members within Corporate Services, a culture of strategic commercial knowledge and behaviour essential to the ability to advantageously position Air Canada.
- Represent the corporation in a professional and ethical manner to external vendors and promote, protect, enhance Air Canada’s image and reputation.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote Corporate Services to internal Customers
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with AC internal Branches
- Develop, modify, write and implements processes, procedures and standards related to Corporate Services mandated functions.
- Liaison with various Government Authorities, such as: Postal Authorities, Transport Canada Security (CATAS), U.S. Homeland Security, Customs Agencies, (domestic and international), as well as, AC Security and Law Branch.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, laws, regulatory processes or security changes that could potential impact operations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies, legal, financial and labour issues relevant to all areas of Corporate Services operations.
- Develop succession plans and implement strategies to ensure continuance of quality service.
- University Degree in Business with five (5) years of previous work experience or combination of specialized/technical training with previous relevant work experience
- Knowledge of commercial print and office/business print, (general purpose equipment), best business practices, standards and process.
- Knowledge of Postal, as well as, commercial Distribution/Fulfillment standards and processes
- Knowledge of and experience in managing outsourced food services (Cafeterias).
- Ability to work independently, set objectives, develop work plans, identify processes and set completion deadlines for a multi functional support service division.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral,
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills to perform contractual negotiation and influence situations where distinct disagreements or significant resistance exists.
- Methodical approach to problem solving. Must be able to develop and control new methods or processes that involve experimentation/testing, prior to achieving a final workable solution.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and demands of varying difficulty, within limited time frames, while dealing with unavoidable interruptions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Government rules/regulations, as well as, security requirements, (domestic and international), related to the air transport and movement of material.
- Understanding of the restrictions/processes related to the movement of Dangerous Goods.
- Knowledge of commercial third party off site document retention/storage processes, standards, legal requirements and security is an asset.
- Knowledge of inventory control principles and forms/documents standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of labour relations principles, standards and processes in order to manage Employees covered by a Collective Agreement and to work effectively within a unionized environment.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.