Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
In anticipation of future openings, Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for a Customer Service Agent at the Boston Airport.
Hourly Rate of $16.62
The physical workload for this position ranges from light to heavy. Tasks require force exertions such as lifting 70 pounds (32 kilograms) unaided, walking lengthy distances, handling passenger luggage or mobility aids, and or pushing/assisting passengers in wheelchairs.
- Check in Passengers, issue boarding pass, seat selection and verify immigration documentation
- Check in baggage - ensure Company regulations regarding size/weight are complied with collect excess charges
- Make reservations
- Compute fares, issue tickets and provide passengers with relevant information, including Customs and Immigration requirements
- Perform Baggage Tracing duties
- Coordinate the boarding of passengers onto the aircraft:
- Ensure safety procedures are followed
- Monitor carry-on baggage
- Assist passengers as required
- Operate loading bridges
- Handle irate passengers/oversells and those affected by irregular operations
- Handle VIP's
- Assist physically challenged passengers. Includes pushing wheelchairs if required
- Handle and account for cash/documents in accordance with Company regulations
- May be required to man First Class Lounge to provide ticketing, check in, information assistance etc. to passengers
- Update records in Res III as required to ensure proper processing of passengers at next point of contact
- Maintain all Company standards
- In the absence of Manager or Lead Customer Service Agents make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests
- Inform staff either verbally or in writing, as required, of changes in rules, methods or procedures
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity
- Collect and compile statistical data
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative;
- Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner;
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision;
- Must wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standards;
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time;
- Must, after training, be able to efficiently use the Company's automated reservations, ticketing and baggage tracing systems;
- Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided;
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record;
- Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed.
Required to wear Company provided hearing protection when working in designated high noise areas.
Safety is important to Air Canada and all employees are prohibited from being impaired by intoxicating substances while on duty or in the workplace. Candidates will be subject to a drug test.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.