Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Real Estate Programs Manager will oversee and be responsible for a real estate portfolio comprised of both the leasing of commercial and industrial space for a varied geographic region.
Corporate Real Estate provides real estate services and expertise to internal customers and this throughout all countries where Air Canada operates.
- Negotiate and draft contracts, leases, subleases, use and operating agreements with airport authorities and other commercial and industrial property landlords.
- Coordinate the review of the agreements and obtain comments from Legal, Insurance, Tax and Environment branches.
- Formulate and evaluate strategies for real estate transactions including NPV analysis using qualitative and quantitative criteria.
- Analyze and model financial impacts of space and rate changes on overall lease economics.
- Gather and analyze market data to perform market evaluations
- Manage real estate portfolio to identify and act on initiatives to generate revenue and/or reduce operating costs.
- Overall responsibility of subleases and revenue generating leases
- Ensure proper application and implementation of the negotiated terms and conditions of the agreements.
- Ensure proper tracking and reconciliation of real estate accounts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure successful real estate projects delivery in consideration of customer requirements.
- Prepare and manage budgets for each location within portfolio showing inventory of leased space and associated economics.
- Support the Property Taxes branch by managing the property tax payment process including approval flows and FedEx mail, and by tracking and reporting activity as required. .
- Represent Air Canada in its business with airport authorities, landlords and other air carriers relative to real estate facilities and related issues.
- Review and coordinate space requirements for various Air Canada stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to support real estate projects.
- Participate in new station start-ups, ensuring that Day 1 property and facility needs are met and all bank guarantees are in place, where required.
- Prepare executive summaries and property estimates for internal fund approval purposes for all leases, operating agreements and letters of credits.
- Assist Manager, Real Estate Programs with the administration of legal documents, rental payment adjustments, reconciliations and cost allocations, and project management.
- Prepare reports for the Corporate Real Estate group and update lease management information systems.
- University degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leasing, real estate and/or contract negotiations.
- Solid experience in developing and analyzing financial data.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills, ability to close deals while obtaining the best terms for the corporation.
- Ability to build relationships with internal customers, while maintaining ability to challenge requirements for expansion, relocation, or taking on new space, and ability to successfully drive cost reduction initiatives.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness.
- Ability to work independently under pressure while also being a team player.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, respect and meet deadlines, make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to formulate strategies and to put in place work plans to achieve results.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products with advanced MS Excel experience.
- Airline experience an asset.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.