Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and maintain business relationships with freight forwarders and provide commercial support to the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and General Sales Agents. The individual will undertake the challenging opportunity to increase Air Canada’s market share and revenue.
Support the implementation of national, regional and local strategies to customers
Work to achieve revenue, sales and market share improvement targets
Provide strategic product support to the Cargo Sales management team
Act as primary interface between Air Canada and freight forwarder on commercial matters
Assume ownership for developing a business relationship between Air Canada and Air Canada customer base
Act as a key liaison and support between the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs, regional sales, capacity & marketing by, but not limited, to; providing commercial & analytical support of the customer base, in the day-to-day management of tactical pricing/capacity questions, and providing assistance with all regional development sales & marketing plans.
Work with Sales Development & Capacity Mgt team to identify revenue opportunities with accounts and to develop a strategy plan to mutually increase profitability
Conduct regular customer account performance reviews
Provide regular updates to internal Departments to align Sales and Operational strategies
Spot Rate, Exception Contract, Local Pricing, RFQ and Allocation Management
Flag & report accounting discrepancies, in conjunction with Cargo accounts
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Leadership and decision-making abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Exceptional planning and organization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Undergraduate business degree an asset
- German & Italian languages are an asset
Bilingual (French and English)
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.