Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced IT Network Architect. This is a position within the Enterprise Architecture team, interacting with the Air Canada business, other IT teams, primary vendors and service providers. The mandate is the development of Network Architecture strategies, implementation roadmaps and project delivery to meet the business requirements in an effective and optimal manner. Air Canada is undergoing a major transformation to a digital organization with the network being a key capability with a move from wired to wireless be it Wi-Fi, Cellular or Radio. This individual requires collaboration with a broad range of groups, both within the company and with many external IT and business partners. The individual will contribute to the execution of a clear strategy, target infrastructure and plan to move it forward. The principal domains for Enterprise Architecture are digitalization, integration, major system migration, IT process evolution, cloudification and support for business strategy. The individual will contribute to the delivery and management of the network services and provide valuable input to be used in the annual technology planning and budget processes.
The IT Network Architect will:
- Develop and communicate strategies for the deployment of new capabilities and services that will include impact assessment and change management, shared with our Air Canada and vendor teams
- Provide technical leadership within projects and with our Air Canada teams to develop, recommend and oversee delivery of solutions that will align with corporate vision, advance technological capabilities and bring business value
- Document business and technical requirements detailing the network scope within business or IT led projects, market RFP’s and assess vendor proposals to provide validation or recommendations that will guide solutions that deliver business value
- Collaborate with the Air Canada Business IT, Innovation and Operations teams to ensure network requirements are addressed and supported through the network architecture, network led projects and the Air Canada 3-5 year Architecture and Technology plan
- Develop network architecture and technology standards with the vendors to enable consistent delivery, consistent user experience and support real-time applications
- Drive strategic technology proof of concepts, pilots to support the evolution of the network
- Support the migration to Cloud based IT solutions by applying expertise and knowledge to architect solutions that deliver an optimal client experience while minimizing risks and maximizing benefits
- Support the Major Incident Management service providing technical leadership and expertise with a pragmatic approach working with the Air Canada businesses and vendors to identify possible cause resolve critical service outages
- A relevant University degree/technical certification (and/or relevant experience)
- 5-7 years experience as a Network Architect for a large enterprise
- Experience as an Architect for a major enterprise system migration
- Knowledge of current network technology and trends
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
- Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Relevant experience with
- Cisco switching, security, wireless and unified communications platforms
- F5 Load Balancers
- MPLS, virtual networks, Internet connectivity
- Familiarity with the airline industry
- Experience with annual technology planning and budget processes
- Ability to lead projects where scope is specific to the network
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.