Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the function of Senior Manpower Planner. This position will report to the Manager Resource Planning. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, deployment and reporting of manpower.
- Pre-plan staff levels and plan manpower requirements to optimize costs
- Maintain and track vacation plan
- Monitor long term vacancies
- Coordinate and backfill relief assignments
- Balance work schedule/hours for shift cycle change and advise payroll
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes
- Prepare documentation & reporting of schedule assignments for payroll purposes
- Assure tracking and coordination of staff hiring, of staff movement and/or employee status change. Issue proper documentation.
- Maintain employee lists
- Communicate schedules and assignments directly to employees
- Participate/coordinate vacation bids and shift bids
- Help staff to resolve pay errors.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with time sheet handling, processes with payroll and administration of working schedule
- Proven time management and planning skills
- Ability to establish work priorities and perform while under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with employees’ concerns and issues regarding their schedules
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven experience with MS-Office, advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new computer applications
- Knowledge of airport or similar complex operations, an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment and knowledge of the Unifor collective agreement, an asset;
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.