Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To support Air Canada continued growth and success, the Network Planning team is expanding its team that determines Air Canada’s flying schedule and network. Main objective is to develop schedule and provide analysis to manage Air Canada’s route network in accordance with corporate objectives for profitability, growth, and competitive market position.
Other Significant Interactions
Roles & Responsibilities
- Revenue Management
- Financial Evaluations
- Operational branches (Maintenance, Airports, SOC etc.)
This is a critical position within the Network Planning organization that is responsible for providing analysis and schedules for Air Canada’s route network
- Identifies and evaluates new market/route opportunities for expansion and growth
- Assists in optimizing profitability of entire network plan
- Develop flight schedule for Air Canada’s Network ensuring operational integrity
- Works with other members of the network planning team to provide analysis and recommendations for the most competitive and profitable route network and seasonal flight schedule including destinations, routing, capacity, frequency, flight departure and arrival timings
- Optimizes deployment of the Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express fleet to maximize asset utilization, revenues and profits
- Works with Air Canada’s operating groups to understand cost levers and manage schedule plan in cost effective manner while maximizing profitability
- Monitors and analyzes competitors’ fleet plan, capacity, network and schedules; and develops appropriate strategic and tactical responses to market opportunities and threats within his/her area of responsibility
- Optimizes hub traffic flows balancing commercial objectives and operational constraints and revenue/cost trade-offs. Redesign/reroute passenger flows with hub bypasses where appropriate to improve the product, reduce cost, gain competitive advantage, and increase network profitability
- Effectively uses of network planning and scheduling tools
- High degree of creativity, innovation and resourcefulness in the context of airline planning and scheduling function
- Ability to translate strategic direction into seasonal schedule with strong insights
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines
- One to two years’ experience in airline scheduling or planning or revenue management or demonstrated interest in aviation and airline business
- Core scheduling experience, or ability to learn, is an asset
- A degree in Business or Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, an asset
- Self-starter and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Strong MS Office skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.