Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for driving continuous improvement and best in-class tooling and technology. You will work with the team and provide expertise in the design, build & implementation of test automation frameworks to fully automate the delivery pipeline of all our Digital solutions and capabilities across our mobile and web solutions with CI/CD as an expected outcome. This is a challenging, highly technical, quality engineering role where your expertise will aid several teams in streamlining and automating the delivery pipeline. We are looking for Sr Automation Engineer who is an innovative, analytical thinker who can build innovative testing technologies and use next-generation automation techniques.
- Provide expertise and aid in the design and implementation of automation frameworks that optimize the testing of mobile, web and desktop solutions across the major platforms including iOS and Android devices, Windows and MacOS and various devices in the CE space.
- Role includes systems integration, data processes, performance, and security for full end-to-end test coverage & CI/CD pipeline.
- Create actionable automated test results, metrics/dashboards and monitoring across device labs & test beds, ALM system, CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- Collaborate with internal and external quality and development teams on an ongoing basis to improve the quality of the code and align to cross systems integrations and release plans.
- Mentor internal and external teams to instrument automated quality checks in software development and delivery pipeline (CI/CD) using common framework modules.
- Ensure adoption of best quality engineering/testing practices for cloud native applications with principles of 12 factor applications adhered to from the start.
- Review existing test strategy, plans, automations, and executions to identify and opportunities for and drive improvements and Expand the Test Automation footprint.
- Participate in applications design reviews ensuring quality automation practices (e.g. Test Pyramid, TDD and BDD culture) are standard part of the development and deployment life cycle.
- 5+ years of experience as SDE, SDET, or Automation Engineer
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert in mobile test automation frameworks, Nightwatch.js, Appium, Selenium web driver and/or XCode test, Android Studio, Calabash.
- Experienced developing fully automated CI/CD pipeline, worked with CI & source control tools & used Jenkins, GitHub, Octopus, TFS etc.
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for large multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Able to estimate effort, prioritize assignments as well as to plan implementations.
- Communicate effectively with team members and across teams.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.