Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Database Administrator to support the Enterprise Data and Analytics Operations.
This position will report to the DevOps and Production Manager.
- Work with the other DBAs, System Administrators, ETL Developers and Architects (including multiple vendors) to support the Production environment and deliver enhancements (including Data Warehouse)
- Provision and support database environments
- Perform DB design and SQL code review
- Support performance testing
- System health monitoring
- Own, track and resolve database incidents and requests
- Implement and support Production changes
- Provide reports on various DB metrics
- Participate in documenting and improving Air Canada processes
- Provide consistent and effective customer service to all clients, following Air Canada processes and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Software Engineering or Information Technology
- 5+ years of work experience as MS SQL Server database administrator
- Experience in SQL queries performance tuning
- Enterprise Data Warehouse working knowledge
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools
- Highly motivated, team player, thrives on challenge and delivering exceptional results
- Excellent communication of both written and spoken English
- Must be able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively, juggle multiple issues and projects
- Azure working knowledge will be an asset
- VSTS working knowledge will be an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.