Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
BASIC FUNCTION: Perform administrative duties of a complex nature requiring initiative and judgment.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create tables, graphs, etc.
- Sort and merge documents, reports, etc.
- Edit and proofread
- Work under pressure
- Prepare, maintain and update files, records, documents, manuals, etc.
- Compose correspondence
- Receive and direct all incoming calls
- Provide assistance for outgoing calls, e.g. directory assistance, calling card
- Refer external customers to appropriate areas, e.g. departments, employees
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Liaise with internal/external customers
- -Work with minimal or no supervision
- Design, compose, format and produce correspondence, reports and documents using a variety of software applications
- Research data and prepare reports
- Prepare third party billings
- Handle cash/cheques and related documentation
- Verify and process invoices and expenses
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for presentations, seminars, training sessions, interviews, etc.
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies and Collective Agreement
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator Level.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Experience with electronic filing (e-filing) is an asset
- Some positions may require lifting
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
** Classifications included: Administrative 5, 6 & 8
- Bilingual (English and French).
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.