Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for the customs and immigration component of all non-revenue flights for Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge. This includes but is not limited to new aircraft deliveries, maintenance flights, lease returns and flights to support grounded aircraft.
- Ensure custom bonds are valid
- When required set up Power of Attorney approved as to law
- Set up processes and procedures for Customs NRFO
- Ensure processes are customs compliant
- Work with US customs broker(s) to ensure compliance and negotiate rates
- Initiate and maintain relationship with USCBP, CBSA and other international agencies pertaining to aircraft movement
- Obtain landing rights for aircraft arrivals into the US and international locations
- Obtain slots as required
- Obtain crew pre-clearance as required at YYZ, YUL and any other Canadian station offering this privilege.
- Ensure APIS is filed
- Arrange custom clearance for new aircraft arrivals
- Coordinate import and export documents for aircraft going for repair outside of Canada
- Arrange refueling as required for NRFO flights
- Assist Aircraft Programs with lease returns
- Assist Legal and Taxation with novations for aircraft and engines
- Respond to monthly queries from StatCan
- Liaise with Corporate Insurance for aircraft value and insurance coverage
- Assist with customs clearance of freight as required
- On call 24/7 – to support the movement of aircraft
- Oversee day to day operations and assist or delegate where required
- Manage staff for operational requirements, vacation coverage, overtime and under time
- Bi-weekly staff meetings to keep group updated
- University degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of related experience in airlines operations
- 5+ years of experience in logistic
- In-depth knowledge in customs processes and laws
- Superior planning and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and creativity.
- Ability to identify and suggest new ideas.
- Knowledge of most commonly used PC software
- Capable of relying on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Availability to be on call
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.