Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A two-year contract position is available for a Manager, Employee Communications, reporting to the Director, Employee Communications.
The Manager, Employee Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of effective communication strategies and products, including for senior executives, to ensure employee understanding and acceptance of Corporate initiatives and foster culture change.
- Create and Manage production and distribution of project-specific communication publications and channels.
- Work closely with change management team and targeted departments within Air Canada to provide full communication
- support (including development of communication strategies, plans, writing/editing, etc.) for specific initiatives and programs, with a high degree of complexity and a broad and varied target audience.
- Support Project Steering Committees with strategies, content and messaging.
- Maintain strong working relationship with all Branch communicators to ensure consistency in messaging and tone, quality, and timely exchange of information.
- Direct and coordinate projects and provide coaching/counselling/leadership to branch or project managers on various products and services as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication an asset
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills
- Highly strategic, able to identify the requirements of different audiences and craft messaging and channels based on these identified requirements
- Highly skilled at distilling large amounts of information into small and manageable “bites” for easy consumption
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Highly developed social media skills, experience and comfort level with other digital and electronic mediums such as webinars, live chats, video etc.
- Must be very comfortable working with/providing guidance and feedback to senior executives.
- Must work well under pressure
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, team player
- Knowledge of Word and Powerpoint, and all forms of electronic communication, including digital and social media.
- Previous experience with HR or training an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.