Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Corporate Resource Training Manager, the Airports Training Specialist is responsible to plan all ATW and BTW Operational, Regulatory and New Hire training. The Airports Training Specialist will work with the Resource Managers, Resource Deployment managers and the Resource Team at multiple stations, in addition to Training Delivery and Planning and Cost to develop and execute the overall training plan.
- Develop and plan all Regulatory and Operational training for all ATW and BTW employees for multiple stations.
- Manage overall training plan within training relief, yet maximizing class capacity. Ensures training completion prior to certificate expiry.
- Participates in the Open Bid and assigns training as required
- Participates in monthly Planning sessions to develop a training plan that meets the needs of the station. This includes station specific initiatives ie. New Terminal Training, New Aircraft Blitzes.
- Maintains the Training Skills Qualifications Documents for multiple stations.
- Provides accurate training reports to Station Management, Corporate Resource Planning and/or internal Audits as required
- Manage all RAIC appointments for New Hire employees with the local Airport Authority Pass Office and obtain Signing Authority from the local Airport Authority for RAICSVerify Security Documentation for all New Hires to ensure they meet Transport Canada requirements.
- Manage employee training failure records, accurately record events and issues and reschedule training as required.
- Monitor class cancellations in database and follow up with a letter to the employee.
- Participate in the development of new processes or procedures related to training planning and training attendance
- Communicate Training information to employees via electronic Training Notices, enter training courses into the Employee Schedules, enroll in courses and communicate all changes and updates to employees in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide guidance to new employees with regards to transportation and hotel requirements for outside assignments.
- Coordinate/organize various projects, meetings and conference calls.
- Proven customer orientation combined with a strong sense of operational urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) as well as a professional telephone manner for customer interfacing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sense of initiative and self-discipline
- Good working knowledge of the UNIFOR and IAM Collective Agreements
- Proficiency with PC, e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and without direct supervision
- Proficiency with training databases would be an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.