Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada Corporate IT is changing the way technology is being managed and delivered to our customers and users. With a service-orientation towards the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day life, we enable the enterprise to operate faster, be more scalable and innovate further.
As an ITSM development analyst, you will be will lead and manage a team of ITSM developers and consultants as well as act as a subject matter expert towards implementing Air Canada’s ITSM processes.
You will work with IT Operations and the lines of business to understand needs, identify, develop, test and support the implementation of platform enhancements to improve processes and help drive better business results.
Candidate will demonstrate skills in areas for the development, documentation and technical support of an ITSM platform such as ServiceNow or others.
- Serve as front line manager for Application Developers supporting ITSM Development
- Work alongside team members and leaders to design and deliver services built on the ITSM platform
- Provide software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: User Interface, workflow administration, report and dashboards setup, data imports, LDAP integration, custom Applications, content management, scripting and third-party software integrations.
- Hands on design and development experience on ITSM platform as the role will require manager to participate in all phases of application development.
- Provide expert-level support and technical mentoring and assist customers with proof-of-concept activities
- Mentor application developers or business analysts in the coordination, facilitating interactive analysis and design sessions with representatives of business units
- Ensure platform standards are established, well documented and communicated and are in-line with company expectations for standards and operations processes
- Influence leadership, customers and partners with your experience and passion for ITSM, Agile development and customer success
- Support the transformation of IT Service Management, by enabling process improvements through ServiceNow and sharing your experience with frameworks and methodologies including ITIL, DevOps, PMBOK, Agile, and Waterfall SDLC
- Analyze business requirements and document technical solutions.
- Develop, design and rollout new application modules, workflows, catalog requests, content management, custom applications, configuration management and asset management.
- Maintain the development, test and production environments for multi-site global access.
- Plan, schedule, upgrade, maintain and support Air Canada ServiceNow environments in line with ServiceNow future roadmap to keep it on track with upgrade path to maintain compatibility and continued support from ServiceNow
- Respond to service desk ticket escalations. Investigate, analyze, document, and correct reported defects.
- 3 years managing or leading teams (may include consulting) in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of IT system, application, infrastructure service or other technology areas
- 3 years developing and maintaining ServiceNow platform, custom applications
- 3 years managing multiple major development projects using agile or waterfall methodology
- Leadership skills that can energize a multidisciplinary work team to respond to IT business needs
- Experience with ITIL processes and should have experience in related tools and technologies
- Candidates shall possess the skill to develop on the an ITSM platform such as ServiceNow including the creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Content management and Customer Portal.
- Experienced in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including customer requirement analysis and system design
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.