Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Crew Pay Manager – Pilots, the Crew Pay Specialist-Pilots is responsible to analyze Air Canada Mainline
and Rouge pilot pay, including special pay arrangements and supervisory pay, in accordance with the Air Canada/ACPA
Collective Agreement. They are also responsible to provide analytical support to the Crew Resources team and conduct a
variety of statistical activities required to prepare pilot crew pay data for processing.
- Responsible for processes and procedures to ensure the pay-related aspects of the Air Canada/ACPA Collective Agreement are properly administered
- Manage Pilot’s eligibility for special pay arrangements, including pay activation, position group and grandfathered pay
- Determine Management Pilot monthly salaries for both Air Canada and Rouge
- Update and maintain internal pay records daily
- Analyze and validate month-end pilot crew pay records in advance of Payrolls production process
- Investigate and respond to queries and pay claims regarding pay credits, pay rates, expenses and allowances, and communicate with Pilots and/or Management accordingly
- Consult with Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, Flight Operations Management and Labour Relations to resolve pay issues
- Analyze crew pay data and develop reports for management review
- Identify areas for process improvement and develop new processes to streamline current practices and support the full implementation of Crew Payroll System project
- Develop, implement and maintain processes (SOPs) and files for pay purposes as a result of changes to the collective agreement or contract interpretation
- Correct Pilot pay errors and coordinate payment or recovery of overpayment with Payrolls
- Validate various premiums, training credits, top-ups, qualification date adjustments, etc, prior to month-end
- Process ACPA Billing and find an acceptable solution for any disputed items with ACPA and Labour Relations
- Participate in the development of the new Crew Pay System and the testing of the delivered Modules
- Monitor Peoplesoft for discrepancies and follow through with HR to have the Data corrected, including New Hire Review Dates
- Scan Netline for incorrect Paycode Usage and incorrect Deadhead Roles
- Update Pilot Pay rates as required, Calculate Posn. Group rates and update all Files containing rates accordingly
- Other job-related duties as required
- University degree in business or related field (i.e., accounting or finance), an asset
- Previous accounting experience, specifically crew payroll, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of NetLine, Forum and other PC applications
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and accommodate changing priorities
- Flexibility with work hours
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is required
- Flight Operations or Crew Resources experience, a definite asset
- Previous experience working with collective agreements, specifically the Air Canada/ACPA Collective Agreement.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.