Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Are you customer orientated, dependable, reliable and looking to put your communications, organizational and time management skills to work where you can become a valued member of Air Canada’s Customer Care & Contact Centres team?
The ideal candidate must be passionate, able to multi-task, work cross functionally across the branch and within the corporation and 3rd party partners to the branch.
This position will provide administrative support to the Managing Director – Customer Contact Centres
of Air Canada. The incumbent will provide support to the Branch head; support the operation of the Air Canada Contact Centres, Customer Relations, Baggage Claims and Recovery Departments worldwide.
- Provide overall administrative guidance and support to the Managing Director.
- Maintain efficient flow of procedures/processes.
- Direct handling of confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, etc.
- Manage all correspondence, internal and external, respond as required and as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels, flights, meals, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute meeting material, e.g., agenda, reports, etc.
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule based on priorities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required.
- Create/maintain and manage the branch shared drive and contact lists.
- Complete/review expense reports and prepare for corporate approval process.
- Manage vacation, attendance for group as required.
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget.
- Maintain accurate records & filing of records (paper and electronic).
- Provide assistance and manage the tracking of branch deliverables on ongoing or with special projects as required.
- Proactively follow up with team members to ensure that all deliverables are achieved in real time.
- Department outreach and coordination of branch activities under the office of the MD and/or EVP-CCO as required
- Monitor and post to the MD branch blog and support the branch’s intranet web pages
- Assist department heads with onboarding new team members with understanding Branch processes/procedures and operating requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in providing administrative support in an upper-management capacity within the airline, hospitality and/or travel agency industry.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (required) with Teams, OneNote and Dynamics 365 (asset).
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability.
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional and judgement.
- Ability to multi-task never sacrificing quality
- Proven customer orientation and ability to work with various client levels
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge or exposure to Air Canada’s products and customer value propositions would be an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion.
- Some limited travel may be required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.