Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned BI Operations Lead. The position will play a key role in Data Management and Analytics team, functioning as the primary point of contact for operational best practices and activities for the Air Canada Data and Analytics environments. This position will report to the DevOps and Production Manager.
- Work with Business Partners, Architects and Developers (including multiple vendors) to deliver enhancements and support the Production environment (Data Warehouse and Reporting platforms).
- Oversee all technical aspects of service delivery and customer service/support and be able to challenge technical solutions
- Ensure Operations provide consistent and effective customer service to all clients, following Air Canada processes and standards
- Identify opportunities to improve operational processes and procedures
- Provide both strategic analysis and near real-time auditing, analyzing, investigating, reporting, remediating and coordinating of important operational activities
- Serves as an escalation and main point of contact for all Operations matters
- Ensure that the system documentation is up-to-date (including the Operation Manuals).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Software Engineering or Information Technology
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in an Operations Lead role (team of DBAs and/or system administrators)
- Must be able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively, juggle multiple issues and projects
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools
- Enterprise Data Warehouse working knowledge
- Familiarity with ETL tools
- Highly motivated, team player, thrives on challenge and delivering exceptional results
- Excellent communication of both written and spoken English
- VSTS working knowledge will be an asset
- Teradata knowledge will be an asset.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.