Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Cyber Security Specialist will be part of the Information Systems Security team. The incumbent will be responsible for generating and compiling reports based on either requests from users in the IT department as well as reporting their own findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to security issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of Information Systems Security team.
- Analyze and interpret information required to support operational planning, inform decision-making and apply current policies and practices.
- Analyze risks, recommend action plans, correct problematic situations and ensure solutions are implemented in line with the organization’s security standards and regulations.
- Participate in the planning, organization and management of all the activities required for the implementation of IT Security Policies within the program/project
- Analyze and translate business needs to security configurations that the will be implement in the program
- Perform security audits to ensure compliance with the security framework and coordinate the resolution of deficiency with the various IT Teams
- Produce reports for the management
- Prepare risks evaluations and make recommendations to bring security risks level to the organization’s security standards and regulations
- Analyze and participate in the design, implementation and delivery of security solutions
- Inform and track the security standards to be used by the various IT Teams, more specifically those related to network equipment such as firewalls, switches, routers, etc.
- Work with industry organizations, business partners, and technology teams to develop compliance validation methods where appropriate
- Work with business liaisons and IT colleagues to determine security requirements and prepares detailed specifications for the design and development of security infrastructures, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), PKI, firewalls, vulnerability management and intrusion detection systems
- Responsible to implement appropriate control requirements as required by per industry standards: ISO 2700x, C198, PIPEDA, PCI, etc.
- Produce and maintain business risk and impact analysis.
- Develop and propose action plans to limit the risks to the AC acceptable thresholds
- Provides follow-up, assistance and quality assurance
- Experience in business analysis, systems analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- 2-3 years experience in risk assessment and developing business security solutions.
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business problems.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Sense of initiative, self discipline and proactive thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
- Highly developed PC skills: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio, MS Project.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.