Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Lead Customer Service Agents to join our ground handling team at the Vancouver Airport.
We are looking for results oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment.
The Lead Customer Service Agent - Cargo, while remaining a working member of the team is directly responsible for the seamless execution of activities and processes to achieve safety / security, customer service and operational standards. This position provides guidance, coaching and assistance to employees so that these standards are consistently applied to ensure optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The starting salary is $30.58/hour as per the collective agreement.
- Ensure safety and security standards are applied without compromise.
- Maintain valid Dangerous Goods certificate.
- Co-ordinate operational activities with Manager, observe work flow and to assist in the assign / reassign of agents as required to meet customer service performance standards.
- Support Customer Service Centre for Operational concerns.
- Co-ordinate breaks in a manner that accommodates the workflow providing for efficient use of available resources.
- Maintain a daily operation highlight synopsis to provide hand-off for subsequent shifts.
- Co-ordinate the handling of IROPS with the Manager, Leads and Agents.
- Be proactive and visible, assist in the operation when required and provide on the job coaching.
- Ensure constructive working relationships are maintained with peers, other leads and management through effective communication.
- Assist employees in dealing with difficult customers and operational situations only if they are unable to resolve them. Coach and Counsel as required.
- Responsible to support customer service performance standards.
- Ensure Company Policy / procedures and standards are always applied.
- Communicate changes to product or policies and procedures during daily briefings and handle any related requirements. Keep Manager updated.
- Identify and recommend to Manager enhancements and changes to processes and procedures to better support operational and service standards.
- Participate and assist in briefings and contribute to decision making pertaining to operational processes and performance.
- Ensure unserviceable equipment (e.g. printers, computers and phones etc.) and facility problems are reported to appropriate departments.
- Communicate incidents of absences; recommend overtime / undertime as required to Manager on duty.
- Prepare records and documents using multiple Cargo systems.
- Perform data entry in multiple Cargo systems.
- Deal with customer complaints regarding lost, mishandled, delayed or damaged shipments.
- Perform lost and found functions and cargo services. Determine cargo rates and routings, shipping procedures, cargo check-in and delivery.
- Candidates possessing a University Degree will be preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Cargo Logistics / Supply Chain background is required.
- Have excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills, able to work with peers and customers by building solid relationships.
- Customer service oriented, organized and excellent at managing time.
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to travel and attend a 2-4 week initial full time mandatory training program off site.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.