Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is replacing its Passenger Service System (PSS), which will provide customers with an an improved and consistent experience across all channels worldwide. The Project team is responsible for implementing the new system as well as integrating a broad range of IT products and applications, which will enable the realization of a successful launch and transition to a modern integrated system.
The PSS Training managers will analyze delivery and resource needs and contribute to the development of PSS training jointly with other teams for the delivery of integrated multi-platform IT products and solutions. The Training Manager will be assigned to one of the following roles and responsibilities will vary accordingly:
- Training Logistics
- Training Resource
- Training Delivery
- Participate in worldwide PSS training locations’ assessment- facilities, materials, equipment and IT set-up.
- Recommend optimized training scheduling based on the locations’ assessment and where learners are located.
- Manage set-up of classrooms, e-learning locations or broadcast classroom.
- Liaise with PSS Training Managers and operations to address schedule issues and ensure maximum optimization
- Provide scheduling and compliance reports
- Support the creation and implementation of processes in the learning management system to automate and enable operational training requirement.
- Contribute to costs assessments and make appropriate recommendations on training schedules
- Ensure training record retention processes and document archiving are in place and applied
- Coordinate training equipment upgrades/repairs in all Airports in Canada/Call Centers
- Update and monitor the Student Training Hours (STH) / Student Training Activities (STA) – Instructor (Lead Training (iLT) / E-Learning Training (eLT) report and to report out results to the Manager, PSS Training Logistics
- Lead the coordination and planning of PSS training in collaboration with the Training specialists in for all airports and contact centers worldwide.
- Collaborate with the other teams to resolve scheduling gaps with stakeholders to ensure material and resources are in place for maximum results.
- Create and communicate to key stakeholder training schedules that match commercial plans that optimize instructor, classroom and equipment use.
- Manage and monitor training schedule releases.
- Complete all pre and post training administration
- Work with the resource team, business partners and training participants to manage enrolments and communications and ensure quality execution of training curriculum
- Manage attendee compliance with Airports and Contact Centers.
- Develop PSS Training reports and success rate.
- Update, and maintain training reports and make them available to stakeholders.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of PSS Training.
- Determine, allocate and maintain Instructor levels and qualifications for PSS training to support all airports and contact centers and Transport Canada requirements for all service training.
- Work closely with Training Design to provide support and assistance whenever needed.
- Leads interviews, selection and induction of new PSS instructors.
- Manages the performance and progress of direct reports.
- Provide coaching inside and outside the classroom when required.
- Participate in all the Train the Trainers sessions on Instructional related items as they pertain to training.
- Maintain instructor schedules and vacations with the assistance of the resource managers.
- Ensures effective and timely communication within the team.
- Develops training analytics pertaining to training delivery.
- Track and maintain qualifications and training records.
- Reviews and responds to inquiries, internal or external, regarding any aspect of Training Delivery
- Undergraduate degree.
- Team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Project Management skills and experience an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate technical concepts into business terms.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (included but not limited to SharePoint, Microsoft Flow, Power BI, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Facilitation experience would be an asset.
- Budgeting experience.
- Operational knowledge (Airports/Contact Centre).
- Ability to travel.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.