Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The DevOps Specialist, Integration Platform is responsible for the automation, performance and continuous improvement of the Enterprise Integration Platform, which is based on the Mulesoft technology and hosted in the AWS Cloud. The incumbent will play a key role within the newly created Enterprise Integration Team at Air Canada, becoming THE technical expert of the platform. Together, we will facilitate integrations between the different Air Canada systems, and develop the Enterprise’s core services. These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System and a new loyalty program. Air Canada is also massively investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to learn state of the art technologies at an industry leader, as well as to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and continuous improvement of the development tools: deployment pipeline, code repository, Agile project management, etc.
- Responsible for the global operational performance of the platform and users and its enhancement through optimized processes and automations
- Define the platform’s core performance indicators, develop dashboards and reporting tools
- Facilitates adoption of the platform and tools by new development teams by providing them support and by creating learning materials as well as quickstart packs.
- Develop automations to facilitate deployments, monitoring and auto-healing of the platform, bringing smart solutions that save time and replace manual interventions.
- Define the operations manual for the level 2 support team, and continuously improve it through the development of actionable dashboards.
- Develop global expertise of the platform infrastructure, and provide level 3 support of the platform: network connectivity, global and local load balancing, object store, security and identity management, runtime deployments, proxy deployments, horizontal and vertical scalability, etc.
- Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team and the platform, by bringing new ideas and solutions on how to ameliorate the applications, the processes, the delivery, the communication, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5 years minimum experience in IT
- 3 years minimum of experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing and enhancing a CI/CD toolchain (Bitbucket Pipelines or VSTS)
- Experience with Maven, Git and Jenkins
- Experience in providing technical support for mission-critical systems
- Experience in Cloud deployments, and on-premises to Cloud connectivity
- Proven record of achieving great results when given freedom
- Knowledge of API-related formats (XML, JSON), protocols (SOAP, REST, HTTP action verbs) and patterns (authentication)
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- Pro-active and capable of autonomous work.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in learning new technologies and in understanding the airline industry
- High attention to detail, demonstrated ability to produce high quality work
- Demonstrated evidence of a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience with the Mulesoft CloudHub platform
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in Load tests
- Experience in resilience tests (ChaosMonkey..)
- Experience in the airline industry
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.