Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager Process Improvement – Cargo Toronto will be responsible for leading process design, development, implementation and improvement of processes at our YYZ Global Hub. This role focuses use of lean & continuous improvement tools to improve business processes within a complex supply chain operation. It will lead teams to reduce waste and drive standardization, reduce non-value-add activity, increase productivity & employee engagement and accelerate throughput while improving the Customer experience.
Responsible for overall Project management of process improvements
Lead Lean & continuous improvement projects, delivering significant quantifiable operational improvements and financial benefits.
Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in cargo processes.
Creation, development and improvement of process flow charts, value stream maps, and all business process mapping techniques
Ensuring that all cargo processes operate within lean manufacturing principles
Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement
Responsible for quality assurance, quality system and awareness within branch
Leading Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan)
Communicate with and instruct managers, supervisors and direct contributors in leading process change and in the use and value of continuous process improvement.
Partner with front-line employees and management team to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities.
Quantify potential and actual benefits in terms of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Prepare summaries and reports on work activities & metrics
Recognize & reward continuous improvement “wins” resulting from employee ideas Visit other internal and supplier sites for benchmarking and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is and member of the local order of engineers.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Results and action-oriented, tempered by an ability to manage the pace of change with empathy
- Very well organized
- High self-awareness with an active listening approach and team player
- Aptitude to deal with ambiguity
- Background leading at least 2 substantial Lean deployments.
- Previous experience leading Value Stream Assessments and Rapid Improvement Events, for example Kaizen Blitz events.
- Participated in managing the process of selecting, scoping and prioritizing projects
- Experience with techniques to identify cause and effect relationship (SIPOC, process flow diagrams, 5S, Apollo, Y-X, etc.)
- Strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with statistical software and dashboard development is an asset.
- Familiarity with simulation software such as Simio or Arena is an asset.
- Able and available to travel up to 40% of the year
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.