Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To provide general operational and administrative support such as mail distribution, filing, photocopying, preparing correspondence and maintaining records requiring initiative and judgment.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, deliver and pick up boxes, data, mail, parcels, etc. on a timely basis
- Process outgoing mail, packages, etc.
- Trace deliveries
- Arrange for pick-up and receive courier deliveries
- Verify and process invoices
- Prepare and maintain records of postage, registered mail, waybills, etc.
- Knowledge of postal regulations and Company mail handling procedures
- Work with minimal supervision
- Sort and distribute mail, correspondence and reports
- Retrieve/provide information for internal/external customers
- Answer telephones and greet customers
- Operate office equipment
- Process electronic mail
- Order and maintain office supply inventory
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare correspondence on the basis of verbal or written instructions
- Operate specific department/Company software applications or mainframe programs
- Update and input data
- Prepare, maintain, update and revise files, records, reports, documents, manuals, etc.
- Assist in receiving, indexing and revising manuals or data
- Arrange travel and appointments
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreements and procedures
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Minimum 1 year office experience
- Some positions may require lifting,
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP, etc.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be required to perform receptionist duties.
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
- Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.