Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Perform operational and/or administrative duties of a complex nature requiring initiative and judgment.
TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create tables, graphs and prepare spreadsheets.
- Sort and merge documents, reports, etc.
- Research data and prepare reports
- Edit and proofread
- Work under pressure
- Prepare, maintain, validate, input, and update data/files, records, documents, manuals, etc.
- Receive, index and revise manuals or data
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive and direct all incoming calls
- Provide assistance for outgoing calls, e.g. directory assistance, calling card
- Refer external customers to appropriate areas, e.g. departments, employees
- Assist other employees in the department
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Arrange travel and appointments
- Liaise with internal/external customers
- Research, resolve, and respond to internal/external customer issues and queries, verbally and/or in writing
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Design, compose, format and produce correspondence, reports and documents using a variety of software applications
- Prepare third party billings
- Handle cash/cheques and related documentation
- Verify and process invoices, claims and/or expenses
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for presentations, seminars, training sessions, interviews, etc.
- Build, update and maintain schedules and staff rosters
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreement and procedures
- Administer Collective Agreements
- Control distribution and maintain Company and technical publications
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Develop and maintain schedules
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain and develop accurate maintenance and/or technical records
- Audit records
- Monitor equalization of overtime
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
- In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator Level.
EDUCATION:SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of aircraft terminology
- Aptitude for math
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Some positions may require lifting and climbing
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
- Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.