Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The primary objective of the Hub Operations Control Coordinator - Cargo will be to monitor and prioritize the inbound/outbound cargo traffic within the Hub Facility.
- Oversight of Cargo Facility System movements though the Automated Storage System;
- Monitoring high profile and critical shipments through the Hub Facility;
- Prioritizing the flow of shipments through the Automated Storage System during peak times;
- Handling of the Inventory Management for the Automated Storage System;
- Monitoring of Cargo flow through the Hub Facility (i.e. Bulk and Unitized shipments);
- Provide reports to the field for daily usage;
- Coordinating irregular operations (irrops) Recovery and Cargo movement through the Hub Facility;
- Manage and direct our Katlyn system technicians;
- Liaison with Building Vendors (i.e. KTS Services);
- Monitoring of staff deployment within the Hub Facility;
- Handling internal customer inquiries and investigations;
- Communicate with unionized staff on expectations;
- Sound knowledge of Cargo operations
- Demonstrated planning & organizational skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; dealing effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to establish work priorities and perform under deadline pressures
- Must be able to work irregular hours and shifts including weekends
- Knowledge of the I.A.M.& A.W. Collective Agreement, a definite asset
- Computer literacy required in MS Office
- Knowledge of Air Canada computer systems is an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.