Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Cargo Process Engineering will be responsible for driving process re-engineering. This role focuses use of lean & continuous improvement tools to improve business processes within a complex supply chain operation. He or She will lead teams to reduce waste through standardization and digitization. Focused on eliminating non-value-add activity, increasing productivity & accelerating throughput while improving the Customer experience (both internal & external).
Responsible for overall management of process improvements across Cargo hubs.
Direct reports include team of process & procedures and standards documentors.
Direct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in cargo processes.
Oversee the -creation, development and improvement of process flow charts and value stream maps.
Ensure that all cargo processes operate within lean manufacturing principles.
Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
Work closely with the Cargo Training, Quality & IT teams
Identify Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan)
Communicate with and instruct managers, supervisors and direct contributors in leading process change and in the use and value of continuous process improvement.
Partner with front-line employees and management team to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities.
Quantify potential and actual benefits in terms of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Accountable for the proper documentation of process re-engineering initiatives including the preparation of summaries and reports on work activities & metrics
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Results and action-oriented, tempered by an ability to manage the pace of change with empathy
- Highly organized
- High self-awareness with an active listening approach and team player
- Aptitude to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is a requirement.
- Member of an Engineering Order (OIQ, OSPE, etc) is a requirement
- Background leading at least 2 substantial Lean deployments.
- Previous experience leading Value Stream Assessments and Rapid Improvement Events, for example Kaizen Blitz events.
- Participated in managing the process of selecting, scoping and prioritizing projects
- Experience with techniques to identify cause and effect relationship (SIPOC, process flow diagrams, 5S, Apollo, Y-X, etc.)
- Strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with statistical software and dashboard development is an asset.
- Familiarity with simulation software such as Simio or Arena is an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.