Are you passionate about
reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you
picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you
answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals
to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and
expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position reports directly to the Facility Manager
As one of Air Canada’s Maintenance Mechanics you will work directly with the Facilities Maintenance group to ensure all Hangar facilities and all related equipment are maintained to manufacturer’s standards. Close coordination with the internal AC tenants of our buildings is necessary to ensure services do not impact airline operations. Building and fostering a culture of teamwork is extremely important. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times.
Candidate is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair requests made through the Facilities work order system.
Work includes but is not limited to:
- Providing various mechanical, structural, and rotating equipment support; maintaining optimum functionality for Hangar equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing preventive maintenance measures, and repairing equipment and system
- Weekly maintenance and run up to our Fire suppression system throughout the Hangars
- Welding experience with MIG, TIG and Plasma cutters
- General work with a basic understanding of electrical safety is a must.
- Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful.
- Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Education / Licenses
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright - Red Seal Certificate
- Community College electrical/mechanical training would be considered an asset.
- 5 years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of Tenants.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Work experience in Maintaining and repairing a variety of life safety systems, plumbing, and building repairs.
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude.
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at heights
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.