Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Performing one of aviation's most important roles, flight dispatchers share with pilots the ultimate responsibility for a flight's safe commencement and completion under a Type A Operational Control System.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising, as required, Operational Flight Plans, on a co-authority basis with the Pilot In Command.
- Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the pilot-in-command, as required.
- Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit, constrain or impede operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
- Communicating to Air Traffic Control Services all Operational Flight Plan requirements.
- Ensuring that all aircraft are dispatched in accordance with the provisions set out in the Aircraft Operating Manual, Minimum Equipment List, Flight Operations/Flight Dispatch Manual and governing Regulations.
- Ensure that the pilot-in-command is furnished while en route, by appropriate means, with all information that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the serviceability of airports, runways, airways and navigational aids used by the Company for assigned workload areas. Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable Company publications, including the Flight Dispatch Manual, Flight Operations Manual and Jeppesen Enroute and Airport Charts.
- Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information.
- Communication with the Chief Duty Dispatcher and other positions within System Operations Control to ensure that adequate information flow is maintained with respect to any beneficial or operational problems associated with flights or operating areas.
- Communicating information to the Chief Duty Dispatcher with regard to Incidents and / or Categories as per the Flight Dispatch Manual and the Emergency Response Manual.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of coworkers and customers.
- All Air Canada Flight Dispatchers are required to be qualified in accordance with CAR 705 and CASS 725.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Hold a radiotelephone operator's restricted certificate.
- Have a current valid passport.
- Good decision-making ability in high pressure situations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to keep and monitor records effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure without close supervision.
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Previous airline operational experience, an asset.
- Must work shifts, including midnights.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency with PC (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)an asset.
- Post secondary education is an asset.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.