Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Hourly Rate of $13.67/Hr
Deal directly with the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees by providing Cargo warehouse services in a manner prescribed by the Company.
- Accept and deliver cargo, mail and comat ensuring that the associated paperwork is correct and that the shipment is correctly marked and labeled.
- Buildup and breakdown pallets, ULDs, cart Load and unload trucks.
- Store cargo and comat in appropriate racks/bins/areas recordings and reporting locations as required.
- Receive and answer enquiries from the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees.
- Physically handle Cargo/Mail/Comat manually or by machine (e.g., fork lift).
- Drive Company vehicles.
- Accept and process Hazardous/Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Governmental rules and regulations. In the absence of Manager and Lead Customer Service Agent, make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests.
- Inform staff either verbally or in writing, as required, of changes in rules, methods or procedures.
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Collect and compile statistical data.
- Assist in the investigation of damaged or incomplete shipments and completion of bad order reports as required.
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative.
- Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision.
- Must, after training, be able to use the Company's automated cargo tracking and accounting system.
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard.
- Must posses a valid drivers license
- Must be able to operate Company vehicles and machinery.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
While on duty MUST wear safety shoes as described in Company regulations.
Required to wear Company provided hearing protection while working in designated high noise areas.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.