Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is replacing its legacy Reservation and Departure control system with a modern integrated Passenger Service System (PSS) to provide customers an improved and consistent experience across all channels worldwide. A dedicated PSS Program team has been established and is responsible for implementing the new system as well as integrating a broad range of IT products and applications, which will enable the realization of a successful launch and transition to the system.
The PSS Program is currently recruiting entry level PSS Implementation Analysts – IT to support the Technical Readiness activities on the PSS Program including:
- IT Application Integration
- Data Migration
- Vendor Management
- Release Management and Migration
The PSS Implementation Analyst – IT supports the analysis of business needs and contributes to the development and implementation of PSS solutions jointly with other PSS teams for the delivery of integrated multi-platform IT products and solutions.
The PSS Implementation Analyst will be assigned to one of the PSS Program IT workstreams and responsibilities will vary according to the team
- Contribute to all cycles of development activities of PSS projects, from concept development, to design, integration development, acceptance testing, implementation and deployment support
- Collaborate with other areas of the project team and business areas in the development of integrated IT products, across all platforms and channels
- Assist in the development technical specifications, process flows and diagrams
- Perform analysis and documentation of as-is technical capabilities
- Perform application design activities (e.g. writing functional designs), portions of technology architecture and technical design activities and portions of technology build, test and deployment
- Document APIs and message flows to integrate data between different systems
- Facilitate document reviews with PSS Program Subject Matter Experts and business stakeholders and ensure final document signoff
- Support the PSS Business teams to define use cases, prepare and execute test scenarios, analyze, track and report on test results
- Contribute to identify all processes that touch the new PSS solution, and all required to enable and support the new system.
- Develop deployment deliverables (communications, training, etc.)
- Support PSS Cutover and Migration Activities
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Informatics
- Knowledge of UML
- Programming experience using XML, SQL, Java, .NET, C/C++ an asset
- ITIL Foundations Certification an asset
- ITIL Service Transition experience an asset
- ITIL Service Operations experience an asset
- Good understanding of integration design patterns & best practices
- Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, WS-* standards
- Knowledge of SOA Design patterns
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate technical concepts into business terms
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.