Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual for a tax position in the YWG Tax department, reporting to the Manager, Commodity Taxes Accounting.
- To support management in relation with, tax auditors (governments & airports), and other external parties as required in handling tax audits and consultant engagements.
- Responsible for special projects including:
- Business process & system reviews, and recommendations for improvements.
- Development, documentation, support, and maintenance of guidelines for the Air Canada group of companies to ensure on-going corporate tax compliance.
- Represent / support Tax Department in system development/change projects.
- Responsible for managing information requests for the YWG, YYZ, YYC & YUL tax groups.
- Support management in relation with external parties to manage tax audits, and consultant engagements.
- Responsible for initial and on-going systems’ compliance with tax legislation. Systems include Revenue Accounting systems (Navitaire & DSS), PeopleSoft, EDI Interfaces to PeopleSoft, Employee Travel, Paice/Fuel, ect.
- Responsible for the review and processing of fuel rebates
- Prepare and submit information pertaining to a variety of value added tax returns
- Develop guidelines, training materials, job aids for internal departments as required.
- Represent / support Tax in systems development/upgrades.
- Support passenger & commodity tax issue resolution and information requests from/to internal & external customers including government tax departments.
- Ensure Tax Dept compliance with all regulatory tax reporting requirements/changes.
- Coordinate work efforts with internal departments/AC group of companies to ensure Tax Dept has required data for accounting recoveries/corrections as required.
- Monitor the status of outstanding PRA system Trouble Tickets, and IRFs.
- Compile accurate, and complete internal controls Sox documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Completion of, or nearing completion, of a professional accounting designation.
- Minimum 5 years relevant accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership skills, has demonstrated initiative.
- Prior experience leading system change processes i.e. change design specifications, system testing, and approval processes is an asset.
- Functional knowledge of Air Canada’s Passenger Revenue accounting system, ticketing processes, and PeopleSoft are assets.
- Functional knowledge of Air Canada’s Fuel Management systems is an asset
- Advanced computer skills are an asset, more specifically with Microsoft Office Products (Excel & Access), and or other data analytical software.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.