Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role is suitable for a highly dynamic, results driven and creative individual, responsible for meeting the challenge of managing key accounts for Air Canada and increasing revenues and market share with key consolidators, tour operators, and online travel agents.
- Achieve revenue, market share and cost objectives in designated sales territory.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Leisure & Specialist Sales, negotiate rates to secure business for Air Canada on the best possible terms.
- Work with the Atlantic Joint Venture (AJV) airlines in securing additional business for the partnership and act as the Customer Lead Carrier representative for designated accounts.
- Strive to achieve excellence in a role of consultative sales account management within Air Canada and the AJV.
- Liaise with Groups & Specialist Sales team to monitor performance of UK tour operator track programmes.
- Establish key account sales goals, and ensure business plans and annual commercial agreements are implemented by the start of each calendar year for assigned accounts. Be flexible and make sure additional incentives are rolled out as and when required in order to meet revenue goals.
- Build robust relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor and analyse competitor activity and trends within the industry, identify threats and make recommendations on what action, if any, the company should undertake to maintain its competitive edge
- Seek out and develop new business opportunities across Air Canada’s global network.
- Increase contacts with front-line staff in designated accounts, as well as leveraging personal influence with the key decision-makers
- Provide training sessions for key industry partners to assist them in actively selling Air Canada and AJV products.
- Represent Air Canada at promotional events, trade shows and on familiarisation trips.
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of a strong and highly focused sales team.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with designated accounts and have the ability to seek out new opportunities for Air Canada within the AJV framework
- Excellent consultative sales skills, a strong level of understanding of human behavior, and the ability to adapt sales skills accordingly
- Have the ability to work on own initiative but also be a strong team player
- Strategic business and financial acumen and a mix of business management skills
- Good presentational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly organized and results driven, with the ability to function under a high workload with multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Trained in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Experience of CRM tools, ideally Salesforce
- Good negotiating skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic market with minimum supervision
- Valid driving licence
- Experience of working in an international airline sales or tour operator/leisure agent organization is desirable
(English) Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.