Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accept / deliver Cargo whilst verifying piece count. Ensure that shipment is correctly marked and labelled.
Build-up and breakdown pallets, Containers and Bulk Carts
Load and unload trucks
Store Cargo in appropriate warehouse locations, reporting as required
Physically handle Cargo manually or by machine, e.g. forklift
Drive Company vehicles when required
Deliver transhipments to other airlines when required
Accept and process Hazardous / Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Government Agency regulations
Perform weekly Bond & Rack checks to assist with the location of any missing Cargo
Ensure that damaged Cargo is reported correctly as per Company procedures
Liaise directly with Leads, Coordinators and Managers regarding daily operational concerns
Ensure compliance with ACU online training
- Previous Cargo Warehouse experience an advantage
- Good verbal and written skills, with a high level of accuracy
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Shift work with emphasis on flexibility to fit operational requirements
- Full valid driving licence
- Current Forklift licence
- DfT Security trained
Bilingual (English and German)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.