Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic and caring individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is now accepting applications for Customer Sales and Service Agents at the St. John's airport.
Whether assisting our passengers at airport counters or gate locations, our Customer Sales and Service Agents play an important role in ensuring that our flights are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
This is a permanent, part-time position which guarantees a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 32 hours per week.
The hourly rate is of $14.00/hour
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Customer Sales and Service Agent role:
- Conduct passenger check-in.
- Prepare and issue tickets and boarding passes.
- Assist pre-boarding passengers and provide information on flight schedules and routes.
- Act as Ground Hosts and Hostesses.
- Strong customer focus gained through previous customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Proven problem resolution skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Accustomed to working within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
Conditions of Employment:
- Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Eligible candidates must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a two (2) to four (4) weeks full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- High school diploma or academic equivalent.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Candidates must also obtain the Transport Canada security card (RAIC). (To obtain this security clearance candidates must undergo a thorough criminal background search, please see Transport Canada website for additional details).
Bilingual (English and French).
Strong consideration will be given to candidates fluent in English, French and one or more of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Arabic, Turkish, Hebrew, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Hindi, Punjabi.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.