Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position is responsible and accountable for planning/scheduling the aircraft maintenance activities. The incumbent will ensure that the maintenance plans for assigned aircraft meet all lease, contract, maintenance program, manufacturer and regulatory requirements and ensure that commercial considerations are factored into all maintenance plans.
- Accurately maintain and update maintenance plans for each aircraft assigned
- Ensure maintenance requirements meet their regulatory limits
- Create, maintain, and close work orders for assigned aircraft
- Research material/tooling requirements for scheduled work and ensure availability
- Coordinate with the operation’s group to maximize ground time opportunities for maintenance requirements and minimize operational disruptions
- Effectively coordinate with other departments, ensuring elements of the scheduled work is met
- Communicate downtime requirements for each aircraft assigned, advise other stakeholders, resolve scheduling issues and develop agreements
- Escalate unresolved scheduling issues to the Manager
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety issues and actively support the SMS program
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of the airline operational environment
- Excellent working knowledge with MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of TRAX, Netline, Communicator, AirNav an asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure, and with changing priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication/negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of airline standards and regulations.
- 3-5 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance Planning
- Knowledge of Line Maintenance and Airframe Maintenance aircraft check procedures and requirements, an asset.
- Previous acting assignments/exposure in above areas an asset.
- Valid AME
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.