Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to Manager, Passenger Service System (PSS) Business Process, the PSS Business Process Manager is responsible for identifying, designing/modifying, optimizing and implementing complex cross-functional processes that align and support the new PSS system and enable the team to meet process related objectives.
Contribute to identifying and mapping all current processes that support, enable or impact the new PSS system
Work with key stakeholders and SMEs to identify process changes required to enable the new PSS system and fully realize the new system’s benefits
Use ‘Lean’ methodology to identify process improvement opportunities (i.e. waste elimination, process optimization, etc.)
Make recommendations to promote business/operational efficiency and customer experience enhancement. Identify roadblocks and process related risks that could hinder the successful implementation of the new PSS system and develop an appropriate mitigation plan
Analyze and modify the as-is processes and develop to-be business processes that fully leverage the new system’s functionalities (Altea Systems: ARD Web, CM and Altea Journey Frontend)
Propose strategies and tactics to enable successful implementation of the to-be processes and organizational changes
Support the implementation of cross-functional PSS program to-be processes (e.g.: conduct stakeholder workshops)
Develop an understanding of the overall process improvement direction and remain updated on new developments by tapping into the appropriate information flows
Identify and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risks Indicators (KRIs) for the targeted areas
Ensure the use of the appropriate tools (Workout, value stream mapping, project management etc.) to solve problems, ensure efficient execution and effective implementation
Leverage people engagement, analytical, problem solving and leadership skills to change and improve cross functional processes
Develop and maintain trusted relationships with branch heads and stakeholders
Partner with functional teams to review complex processes
Work with the Manager to scope, plan work, and secure resources required to implement changes
Support the Business Process Testing (BPT) team by defining test scenarios
Work closely with the change management and training teams to ensure organizational readiness and sustainable adoption of changes
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred
- 5 years of work experience with 2 years in business process management (review and redesign), continuous improvement and/or business transformation
- Previous airline experience with exposure to functional areas such as Airports, Contact Centre (Reservations and/or Ticketing) will be considered an asset
- Experience leading/supporting process mapping sessions
- Working knowledge of business process documentation tools (such as MS Visio, Aris, Blueworks Live) and BPMN methodology
- Experience in identifying process improvement opportunities and ability to categorize as well as quantify improvement opportunities
- Strong communication, analytical and facilitation skills required
- Understanding of and ability to use Lean and Six Sigma tools and philosophies to improve processes and reduce waste in business processes
- Ability to identify project risks and help develop strategies to address risks
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Prior experience with cross functional project teams
- Very well versed with MS Office, MS Project, statistical and database management systems
- Lean, Six Sigma, LSS, ILSS or PMP will be preferred.
- Ability to travel
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.