Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Air Canada Logistics team, a branch under
Air Canada Maintenance, warehouses parts and tools all over the world to
support Air Canada’s fleet of aircraft. The
warehouses are responsible to track all items that arrive or leave the
different stations using an Airline specific IT System. We are currently running multiple project to
optimize the processes while improving data accuracy.
Part of the Data Accuracy Project is to build a Data Integrity Team. This team will oversee and track all
warehousing transactions, inventory accuracy and is where the System Support
Analyst will reside. The System Support
Analyst, a unionized position, must be knowledgeable in computer technology to aid,
as required, to end users of systems that are specifically designed in support
of Air Canada Maintenance. This position
will design and maintain Visual Displays allowing the data to be shared with
employees and other business units, they will design apps to allow ease of work
and we need to design tools allowing for data analysis to identify trends or
for other business requirements.
- Ability to design and create working
- Provides support to the Business
Application Specialist in daily activities.
- Monitor data integration loads to
ensure consistency and operational stability
- Web Development
- App Development
- Data mining and Statistical analysis
- IT System – new version integrity validation
The selected candidate must have formal training,
and hands on experience in computer science, more specifically in business
analytics and programming. Incumbent
will work under the supervision of the Business Application Specialist in
collaboration with various members of the Air Canada Logistics team.
- University degree or diploma in technology or
- A minimum of 1 year of data report writing
experience with technology such as WebFocus, Reporting Services, or Crystal
- A minimum of 1 year of experience writing complex
- Proficiency with PCs with proven computer skills in
Office 365 including 365 Apps such as Power BI, Flow, PowerApps and SharePoint,
- Strong understanding of Data and BI architectures
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Disciplined, self motivated and able to work
- Excellent Expert knowledge of SQL code – be able to
- Knowledge of database structures
- Interest in system and information security
- Skill with interpersonal relations and oral and
- Rigid adherence to documentation & change
- Highly motivated, team player, thrives on challenge
and delivering exceptional results
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.