Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Digital Strategy will provide leadership to ensure that Air Canada’s digital media operations needs and requirements are met. He/she will manage the day-to-day execution, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for Air Canada’s paid media campaigns. He/she will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet Air Canada’s needs. Furthermore, the Digital Strategy Manager will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
- Develop high level strategy as well as tactical implementation to position Air Canada as a top advertiser in the Travel vertical.
- Achieve and meet sales targets across global markets & work adaptably to revise targets when Sales target change.
- Initiate partnerships with vendors to leverage first to market formats and media placements.
- Prioritize budgets and campaigns to support revenue management needs
- Lead digital activities that intercept the consumer journey by tapping into first, 2nd and 3rd party consumer data.
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting and provide recommendations for campaign optimization
- Assist team with creative development and testing
- Lead team in daily campaign maintenance and necessary updates
- Monitor and manage account reporting on a regular cadence
- Employ QA best practice principles to ensure optimal performance including first to market tactics/betas
- Work closely with other internal and external teams for goals and objective alignment
- Perform competitive searches to continually strengthen Air Canada’s presence in the market
- Manage external agencies/vendors for performance and provide direction on an ongoing basis
- 5-7 years of experience in online advertising space
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Strong knowledge and experience with third-party tracking/reporting systems and ad servicing tools such as Double Click Campaign Manager, Double Click Bid Manager, Adobe Media Optimizer, Adobe Analytics, Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook UI, Twitter UI
- Experience with social and SEM bidding platforms and tools.
- Familiarity with iFrame, Script, static companion banners, and at least one video ad server (DFP, Auditude, proprietary, etc)
- Strong written and verbal skills, confident working with vendors and 3rd party partners.
- Attention to detail; diligent, proactive, organized, accountable, analytical, and highly-motivated team player
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools, and processes; ability to adapt to changing tides
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual who is a self-starter and keen to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.