Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The position will support a cross-functional Operations IT team and will be tasked to develop and manage strategic business tools related to the tracking and reporting in a number of management administrative disciplines. This position manages various reporting responsibilities for the business unit and will report directly to Senior Director, Operations Information Systems.
- Responsible for all departmental support, tracking and reporting of administrative functions and supporting analysis.
- Ensures data integrity and develops reports to support the analysis for Senior Director and Managers.
- Conducts preliminary analysis for reporting content and standards and communicates any discrepancies to Senior Director and Managers.
- Manages all departmental communications and develops appropriate tools to respond to internal and external customers.
- Liaises with AC Corporate to plan the resources and materials for all major Operations IT events in support of corporate requirements.
- Supports and oversees current and new program implementation and provides feedback.
- Manages all aspects of the consultants & contractors hiring Services Agreement contracts, contract renewal, and staffing.
- Reviews delays specific to action log; investigates and reports findings accordingly.
- Supports managers with handling investigations and meetings with employees/Human Resources/Labour Relations specific to discipline.
- Provides and/or coordinates IT support for basic functions, e.g., password resets, management of mobile devices, etc.
- Maintains and administers the vacation program and schedules for the business unit.
- Provides support to the Senior Director in daily activities.
- Interfaces with suppliers and executives with regards to local and off site meetings.
- Ensures that all Company standards and practices are adhered to and acts as a resource person for all employees within the business unit (contractors, consultants, and active employees).
- Conducts, administers, and maintains the business unit attendance management process.
- Manages various confidential matters and materials for the Senior Director and participates in special projects as required.
- Manages the inventory of office supplies for the Business Unit
- Manages floor plan for movement, replacement and transfers of Operations IT personnel with Corporate Real Estate and Corporate IT.
- Coordinates the approval of invoices, expense claims, AFC, travel requests through the various areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates meeting materials, e.g., agenda, reports, presentations, taking minutes, etc.
- Addresses any other job related function as determined by management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency of computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong organizational and planning with an aptitude for precision.
- Disciplined, self motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Well developed inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills
- High degree of diplomacy, discretion, maturity, judgment and decision-making.
- Applicant must be flexible and willing to work extended hours on occasion.
- DEC in Administration, Commerce or other administrative discipline or equivalent is an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.